Sunday 5 October 2014

A train journey, from Paris to Spain



At the station am I.
I have missed my flight, I am in the midst of the darkest night,
Waiting for my train to arrive, swiftly I disturb my sight,
Is it the train’s light? I guess no.
I perceive something bright, my vision is outright, I see a lady in white.
I pretend not to see you, I stir my eyes away, but I keep them in angle slight.

Goodness gracious! You’re pretty.
I dream, you make me go on my feet, and the entire Paris city.
I see you pull in the train.
Sweet and engaging will be this journey be, from Paris to Spain.

I take the seat right opposite of yours.
And I see your face for the first time.
You order a grey goose martini garnished with a twist of lime.
I hand over the bar person a sonnet of dime.

Please, the drinks’ on me.
You may wish to offer me with one, it’s a long journey.
Sure thing, and thank you.
Shall we order something more while we enjoy the view?
Ammm.. well there’s a lot eat, on the menu, something new?
Roasted garlic chicken with some apple stew?
I’d love that, would certainly do.

In my mind I thank the almighty,
Had he not have me missed my flight,  
I would have never met this pretty little lady.

To be continued...

Find me on facebook | E-mail me @ sourish.sengupta@hotmail.com
share & like, if you do 'like' my stuff. 

1 comment: