Wednesday 25 March 2015

Meant to be in my heart, not my life



Some people are just meant to be in your heart,
And not in your life.
It has been a year now, quite a while,
My fingers still type your name,
My eyes still wish for your smile, my heart still falls for your style,
People on the streets think I’m silly,
As while I take a stroll for no reason I smile.

While I bake and am in the kitchen,
Prepare to mix the batter with a sharp edged knife,
Like I would do once for my daughter and wife.
I bake cakes for your birthday, you know,
It feels like I’ve been doing so since the age of five.
But then I realize, some people are just meant to be in your heart,
And not in your life.

Thank you for your sweet reply to my confession.
My face turned red and my palms were all wet,
The moment I saw your text.
I don’t know, how you feel about me.
All I can say is, if anywhere anytime you hear my name,
Just call out loud and say "that is my friend".
Like you are, always be like the burning flame.
Never forget, you brought the light in my life,
I do realize some people are just meant to be in your heart,
And not your life.


 e-mail me at sourish.sengupta@hotmail.com

Please share & Comment if you like my work


No comments:

Post a Comment